Want a lit wedding reception? The wedding party entrance songs that you choose will set the tone for the experience that you are about to provide your guests! But, first things first! You need to hire an epic DJ. One who knows how to get the crowd going and keep the energy high! If you haven’t already done that, check out our top tips for hiring an awesome DJ, in this post.
The wedding party’s entrance to your reception is not only an amazing way to kick things off, but it’s also a great way to show off your unique personality, and finally breathe and have some fun now that the wedding planning process is complete and your big day is officially here!
Are you die-hard Star Wars fans? Make an epic entrance to the Star Wars theme song (yes we included it in the list of songs below) with lightsabers! Ready to get on the dance floor? Set the mood for a lit dance floor by using Low by Flo Rida, or Telephone by Lady Gaga as part of your wedding party entrance medley of songs! The professional photographer and videographer you hired to capture every cherished moment of your day will be there to capture the wedding party’s entrance as well. So now is not the time to hold back!
Next, before you decide on song selections, you’ll have to figure out how your wedding party will make their entrance. Here are our recs!
Aligning your wedding party in pairs and assigning them each a song is where you can really get the vibe high and have some fun in your song selections! This will work well for even numbered wedding party’s or wedding party’s who are really close and don’t mind if they have to come out in a group of three! Having your wedding party come out in pairs also gives you more room for song selections because you can assign each pair their very own song! This will take heaps of coordination at your rehearsal and an amazing DJ to pull off, but it’s totally possible!
Here’s where you can really have some fun with it. Because your wedding party are your VIPs, they’ll be the first ones to have access to your Guestie event. Through your Guestie event, you can ask your VIPs to add their preference for wedding party entrance songs to their profile! Once your other guests are in your Guestie event, they’ll have fun poking around your VIPs profiles, trying to guess which songs made the cut while anticipating the moment at your wedding day!
You and your partner each get a “side”. Having your wedding party enter by sides is a great option for odd-numbered parties. For example, 7 on one side and three on the other! Decide whose wedding party will come out first and which will come out second. Select a specific song for each group that pairs well with the overall tone of the group who is making their entrance. But make sure that the song selected for each “side” is somewhat within the same genre. You don’t want to go from a hard-hitting rock ballad to a country song. Even with the smoothest of DJs, the transition can be difficult and the goal here is to bring the vibe with you when you come in and to get your seated guests excited for the celebration!
As one gigantic group
The easiest option of all and there’s not much to coordinate! This works well for smaller-sized wedding party’s or ginormous-sized wedding party’s! The whole wedding party gets one bang of an entrance song and comes out in a blast to hit the dance floor and “shake it off” until the song ends or the newlyweds are announced. We’ll let you decide!
Should I Use Props for my Wedding Party Entrance?
We already slightly touched on one idea that has your wedding party making their entrance with props. But, if Star Wars is not your thing and you are wondering how you can work props into the grand entrance otherwise, we have a few ideas!
Sunglasses, Hats, and boas go with just about anything! If you feel like your song doesn’t have a specific theme running through it that you can pull from in order to work with props, any or all three of these make great options!
Inflatable guitars, wigs, and microphones are great for any rock song, or for a really well-known song that will have other guests singing along during the grand entrance!
Not really feeling some of these options? The sky is the limit! You can have your wedding party throw on a jersey for your favorite team, wear scarves and gloves for a winter-themed wedding, wear masquerade masks, or light up the night with glow sticks or thunder sticks!
Each and every one of the songs we’ve provided in the lists below are sure to create an unforgettable entrance, while getting the party started, no matter what your unique style is!
Rock Classics With Killer Riffs
- AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
- Beasty Boys – You Gotta Fight for your right to party
- Billy Idol – Rebel Yell
- Black Sabbath – Iron Man
- Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t fear the reaper
- Boston – More Than a Feeling
- Dire Straits – Money for Nothing
- George Thorogood – Bad to the Bone
- Lenny Kravitz – American Woman
- Night Ranger – Sister Christian
- Pat Benatar – Heartbreaker
- Rolling Stones – Start Me Up
- Run DMC ft. Aerosmith – Walk this way
- Scorpions – Rock You Like a Hurricane
- Ted Nugent – Stranglehold
- The Clash – Rock the Casbah
- The Doors – Break on Through
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside
- The Who – Baba O’Reilly
- Warrant – Cherry Pie
- B-52s – Love Shack
- Blue Swede – Hooked on a Feeling
- Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Devo – Whip it
- Diana Ross – I’m Coming Out
- Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood – Relax
- House Of Pain – Jump Around
- Jackie Wilson – (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher
- Kool and the Gang – Celebration
- Marvin Gaye – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
- Prince – 1999
- Salt-n-Pepa – Push It
- Stevie Wonder – For Once In My Life
- Stevie Wonder – Signed Sealed Delivered
- The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Kinks – You Really Got Me
- Whitney Houston – I wanna dance with somebody
Theme Songs & Songs With Themes
- Angie Keilhauer and Jordan Fisher – Happily Ever After
- Andrew Gold – Thank You For Being a Friend
- Big & Rich – Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy
- Bill Conti – Rocky
- Carole King and Louise Goffin – Where You Lead
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince – The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Eliot Daniel – I Love Lucy Theme
- Grease – You’re the one that I want
- James Ferguson – The Office Theme Song
- John Williams – Star Wars (main theme)
- John Williams – The Indiana Jones Theme
- Lalo Schifrin – Mission Impossible Theme
- Meat Loaf – Paradise By The Dashboard
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Monty Norman & John Barry – The James Bond theme
- Ramin Djawadi – Game of Thrones Theme Song
- Ray Parker Jr. – Ghostbusters
- Simple Minds – Don’t You Forget About Me
- SURVIVE – Stranger Things Main Theme
- The Rembrandts – I’ll Be There For You
Poppin Dance Floor Hits
- 2Pac – California Love
- Beyoncé, JAY-Z – Crazy In Love
- Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
- Black Eyed Peas – I Got A Feeling
- Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
- Britney Spears – Gimme More
- Britney Spears – Toxic
- Ciara – Level Up
- Christina Aguilera – Ain’t No Other Man
- Darude – Sand Storm
- DJ Khaled – All I Do Is Win
- Dr Dre & Snoop Doggy Dog – The Next Episode
- Dua Lipa – Levitating
- Flo Rida – Low
- Jessie J – Do It Like a Dude
- Katy Perry – Firework
- Ke$sha – Your Love is My Drug
- Lady Gaga – Applause
- Lady Gaga – Telephone
- Lil Jon – Turn Down For What
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz – Get Low
- Lizzo – Good as Hell
- LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
- Ludacris – My Chick Bad
- Outkast – Hey Ya
- Outkast – The Way You Move
- P!nk – Raise Your Glass
- Nicki Minaj – Pound The Alarm
- Nicki Minaj – Starships
- Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber
- Rihanna, Calvin Harris – We Found Love
- Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock – It Takes Two
- Sage The Gemini ft. BygTwo3 – Tick Tick Boom
- Shop Boyz – Party Like a Rockstar
- Spice Girls – Wannabe
- Taylor Swift – Shake it Off
- The Notorious B.I.G – Hypnotize
- The Notorious B.I.G., Lil’ Kim & The Lox – It’s All About The Benjamins
- UNK – Walk It Out
- Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris – Yeah!